Laser and plasma metal cutting machines are two of the most common fiber laser cutting machine in the market. While they are popular, very few people know the details about them. Here we aim at looking deeper into the machines so that you can have all the knowledge you need.
They are small and portable thus you can easily carry them around. You can apply them in a wide range of areas including: maintenance, metal fabrication and engineering. You can use them in cutting different types of metals including: aluminum, stainless steel and many other metals.
They come in different sizes ranging from 3700mm X 1900mm to 1500mm X 3200mm. As you might have guessed, the larger laser engraver machine are ideal for heavy-duty works such as use in the manufacturing industry.
They are used in areas where plasma machines can’t work. They are used in areas where you need high accuracy levels such as when you want to cut a finely detailed saw blade.
These machines not only offer precision, you can also rely on them to make repeated cuts with the same high degree of precision. If you happen to looking for a laser cutter for school or educational setting then follow the link. They have good technical support and discounted laser machines for educational institutions.
They come in two main types: CO2 and fiber laser cutters.
CO2 laser cutters: they are known for providing optimal gas flow directly to the cut zone thus consistently matching the gas flow geometry and beam width.
Their heads are designed to increase the cutting speeds by up to 20%. The speeds not only increase productivity, they also reduce the operating costs and wastage.
Due to their precision and speed you can apply the machines in different areas such as: construction, signage, farming, transportation, scrapping, steel servicing, automotive and manufacturing.
Fiber laser cutting machine: they produce laser lights of wavelengths of 1µm. The light is absorbed by many materials. The machines come in different modes that you can use in different metal metals such as aluminum and steel.
For you to use these machines you need to have in depth knowledge of how they work. For example, to get precise cuts you need to be careful of the wavelength that you use. Studies have shown that for you to get a dynamic beam you need to use wavelengths of less than 0.4mm. You’ll need to be able to set to these wavelengths to get desired results. check out this link for more info: http://www.thefabricator.com/article/plasmacutting/how-to-avoid-the-top-10-problems-in-plasma-cutting-practical-tips-you-can-use-right-now
Advantages of Using laser cutter machine
The advantages of using lasers to cut metal rather mechanical cutting processes include:
- It is easier to keep the work-piece in place – mechanical cutting applies various forces that mean the piece has to be solidly clamped to keep it steady.
- Reduced contamination – as there is no swarf, cooling fluid or external blade that can wear and leave deposits, it is a much cleaner process.
- Better precision – physical blades wear and this can affect the line of their cut. Lasers are no affected this way and the cutting point does not vary.
- Reduced chance of warping – as there is no drag of a blade through the material, and the hot cutting point is very localised, deformation from mechanical forces is avoided. Check out this Thunder Laser review.
- Intricate cuts are also achievable – mechanical blades are limited in their ability to change direction.
- Lasers are more accurate and use less energy than plasma cutters.
This is what you need to know about plasma and laser cutter machine. It’s good that you invest in both machines for you to get the benefits of both. As rule of thumb you should buy the machines from a reputable store. If you want info on the best co2 laser companies click here to get laser cutter reviews.…